Thanks to everyone who responded to the survey.  The WST Parent Board appreciates your input and will use it to help guide us if we have a swim season.  We want to be as transparent as possible but with the situation being so fluid and uncertain, we didn’t want to inundate you with tons of emails with basically no new information.  This past week members of the parent board attended a swim club advisory committee meeting as well as an LBSL meeting. We are still for the most part “in a holding pattern” with regards to the season but we do have a few updates.

At the swim club advisory committee meeting, we learned that the township has changed the proposed pool opening date from June 13th to July 4th. The parks and recreation director is working on plans to safely open the pool but the final decision to open or close is up to the board of supervisors. The Bucks County Department of Health recently determined that public pools may open in the yellow phase. The BCDH has sent out guidelines for safe openings. The Warrington Board of Supervisors will be meeting on May 26th and again on June 9th so these new guidelines come at the perfect time. The township needs to make a decision by June 9th in order to get the pool up and running for a July 4th opening.
As we said in our last email even if the pool opens it does not give us the “green light” for having a typical swim season.  As you may be aware PA state guidelines dictate that there are to be no indoor or outdoor sporting events until we are in the green phase. Once we are in the green phase there are guidelines that we must follow regarding participants and spectators. The league has proposed having an abridged 3-4 week season in mid-late July into August, virtual meets where each team swims at their home pool and modified swim practices to have less kids in the pool at one time.  The LBSL board is trying hard to get some kind of season put together for this summer. So far only one team in the league has announced that they will not be opening.  The league is holding off making any decisions until after June 4th.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to navigate this situation.  Swimmers that have already registered will be receiving a separate email with regard to fees already paid.  Please know the coaches and parent board are dedicated to providing the best possible summer swim season, under the circumstances.  Stay safe and be well!

*IMPORTANT NOTE – if we get the go ahead to have a season, registration will need to be turned around VERY quickly (one week). Please make sure to check your email regularly.
Close
loading...